"JusticeForAll"

This site is dedicated to facilitating any and all: legal, political or any thing thought provoking. Personal comments are welcome and encouraged. No subject or opinion is taboo. "Written laws are like spiders' webs, and will like them only entangle and hold the poor and weak, while the rich and powerful will easily break through them"- Henry Alford

Name:
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thursday, January 19, 2006

WHAT IS A BLOG?


In order to define the term blog I used the wikipedia website.

According to this site a Blog is:

A blog is a web site in which journal entries are posted on a regular basis and displayed in reverse chronological order. The term blog is a shortened form of weblog or web log. Authoring a blog, maintaining a blog or adding an article to an existing blog is called "blogging". Individual articles on a blog are called "blog posts," "posts" or "entries". A person who posts these entries is called a "blogger". A blog comprises hypertext, images, and links (to other webpages and to video, audio and other files). Blogs use conversational style of documentation. Often blogs focus on a particular "area of interest", such as political goings-on. Some blogs discuss personal experiences.
Blogs can be hosted by a blog hosting service
, or can be run by a user with blog software on a regular webhosting servie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blog

I would really recommend you visit the Wikipedia link if you are interested in blogs. The site has a comprehensive posting of general information on blogs, things such as the history of Blogs

This is my first Blog. I am still very new at blogging. I hope I haven't made too much of a mess. Thus far the Blogging experience has not been too bad. I must admit I was a little nervous before trying this out. I still can't figure out how to upload a picture, but i'm sure i'll figure it out sometime soon. I chose this specific template for my blog because it was something that caught my eye. Nevertheless, the writing is easy to read on this background. I hope you all enjoy it.

WHAT DO I INTEND FOR MY BLOG?

I intend to use my Blog to discuss legal issues both past and present. These issues could deal with the internet or a current hot legal topic (including highly publicized case) they can deal with any class material). I would also like to tie in class material to our disscussions if and when possible. For example (taken from the first semester) how do most of you feel about CCTV on public streets following you around. Is this an invasion of privacy?

The internet is a relatively new phenomenon as far as the law goes, and there will undoubtedly be some exciting cases which come up in the near future. In essence, I will be using this blog to discuss technology and the law. Many of us take the internet for granted. We simply boot up and type away. However behind these seemingly simple tasks are a great assortment of legal issues (i.e. copyright laws, domain name laws, piracy laws etc). To get a better understanding of this please visit the link I have provided at the bottom of the page. Ultimately I hope this Blog provides all of us with a better understanding of the law, technology, and the internet. I have included a link at the bottom of the page to get you started.

"Courts around the world are creating Internet law right now--a process that is both exciting and frightening to watch. Unlike other areas of commerce that can turn to historical traditions to help settle disputes and guide the development of the law, the law of the Internet has no history to fall back on. "Cyber law" is instead being developed by judges who must do their best to fit legal disputes on the Internet into preexisting legal frameworks. As a result, the legal principles governing conduct and commerce in cyberspace are still in a state of flux. Claims of trademark and copyright infringement have become common place items on the World Wide Web." (www.bitlaw.com)

For more information please visit: www.bitlaw.com

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the setup. You have some real possibility to expand this Blog into something really meanigful.

7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel that disscussing legal issues is an extremley important facet of any democracy, and vital to the progression of society as a whole. As per your blog question, i am not in favour of CCTV, as i believe such measures infringe greatly on our fundemental rights and freedoms.

9:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home